You are hereForums / Genealogy Research / Miguel Hidalgo yCostilla- Eduardo

Miguel Hidalgo yCostilla- Eduardo

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lafamilia/nuestrosranchos.com/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/mailhandler.module on line 123.

By Esther Jordan Lopez - Posted on 18 November 2009

Hi, Eduardo, I apologize for not checking sources. I tend to get lazy sometimes.

Will you help me with a question about Portezuelo, Jalisco? I can only find civil registry through FHC. Are there are sources you might know of that cover Portezuelo? I know La Barca has some records from Portezuelo but I haven't seen a whole lot. Do I need to actually visit Portezuelo to do my research. Any ideas? Thank you, I appreciate any information you may give me.

--Esther Jordan Lopez

Does anyone have a copy of the actual christening record for Miguel Gregorio
Antonio Ignacio Hidalgo y Costilla? I have been searching for his christening
record but have come up empty handed. I am aware of the transcript of about
1829 that is found online but I would like to look at the copy of the original,
or if possible eventually the original. Does anyone have a copy or know where I
can find one? Unfortunately the Genealogical Society of Utah did not film the
dates of his christening.

Daniel,

Thank you for the tips on history and geography. This is improving my research.

I have more places to look into. -Esther Jordan Lopez :-)

Yes, I forgot Atotonilco, that was the other town in the vicinity. Most of the
places I mention,

Esther, used to be part of Tepatitlan, but knowing the spaniards, borders
changed, land

was sold, new places were created. Like La Barca used to be part of Tepa, if I
am not

mistaken.

-Daniel Mendez

_________________________________________________________________
Windows 7: I wanted simpler, now it's simpler. I'm a rock star.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::
T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009

Esther,

Miguel Vaca and Luz Cazarez are 3rd Great Grandparents, they lived in Ario De Rayon, Michocan before moving to Coalcoman, Michoacan in the 1870's. Ario de Rayon is close to La Barca could we be related ?

Rafael Meraz

I don't know if we connect yet. I do have a Francisco Vaca (aka Cabesa de
Baca) b. about 1758 married to Lugarda Cuevas (aka De la Cueva) b. abt 1761,
married 12 February 1781, San Francisco de Asis, Ixtlan, Michoacan.

Some of their children were:
Jose Rafhael Cavesa Cueva, b. 11 Jan. 1796, San Francisco, Tamazula de
Gordiano, Jalisco (C603753 1783-1804, film #0225985.)

*Vicente Vaca, b. 1797 (my direct line). *I have info for them but I need
to confirm some dates.

Jose (Josse) Miguel Salome Cabeza Cuevas, ch. 7 July 1789, San Agustin,
Jacona de Placarte, Michoacan

I was hoping to work on this line but just haven't had time to do so. Maybe
this would be a good time and start working on it. :-)

I'll keep your names and see if I find anything.

Esther Lopez Jordan

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, wrote:

> Esther,
>
> Miguel Vaca and Luz Cazarez are 3rd Great Grandparents, they lived in Ario
> De Rayon, Michocan before moving to Coalcoman, Michoacan in the 1870's. Ario
> de Rayon is close to La Barca could we be related ?
>
> Rafael Meraz
>

Ok Thanks When I find out Miguel Vaca parents names I will let you know.

Rafael Meraz Madrigal

________________________________
From: Esther Jordan
To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
Sent: Sat, March 19, 2011 6:57:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] vaca family

I don't know if we connect yet.  I do have a Francisco Vaca (aka Cabesa de
Baca) b. about 1758 married to Lugarda Cuevas (aka De la Cueva) b. abt 1761,
married 12 February 1781, San Francisco de Asis, Ixtlan, Michoacan.

Some of their children were:
Jose Rafhael Cavesa Cueva, b. 11 Jan. 1796, San Francisco, Tamazula de
Gordiano, Jalisco (C603753 1783-1804, film #0225985.)

*Vicente Vaca, b. 1797 (my direct line).  *I have info for them but I need
to confirm some dates.

Jose (Josse) Miguel Salome Cabeza Cuevas, ch. 7 July 1789, San Agustin,
Jacona de Placarte, Michoacan

I was hoping to work on this line but just haven't had time to do so.  Maybe
this would be a good time and start working on it.  :-)

I'll keep your names and see if I find anything.

Esther Lopez Jordan

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, wrote:

> Esther,
>
> Miguel Vaca and Luz Cazarez are 3rd Great Grandparents, they lived in Ario
> De Rayon, Michocan before moving to Coalcoman, Michoacan in the 1870's. Ario
> de Rayon is close to La Barca could we be related ?
>
> Rafael Meraz
>

My name is Daniel Briones,

I have a Francisco Cabeza de Vaca married to a Josefa Lopez in Ixtlan, Michoacan. I was wondering if you think that these Cabeza de Vacas are possibly related?

Thanks,

Daniel Briones

> Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:45:36 -0700
> From: merazrafael@yahoo.com
> To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] vaca family
>
> Ok Thanks When I find out Miguel Vaca parents names I will let you know.
>
> Rafael Meraz Madrigal
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Esther Jordan
> To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
> Sent: Sat, March 19, 2011 6:57:53 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] vaca family
>
> I don't know if we connect yet. I do have a Francisco Vaca (aka Cabesa de
> Baca) b. about 1758 married to Lugarda Cuevas (aka De la Cueva) b. abt 1761,
> married 12 February 1781, San Francisco de Asis, Ixtlan, Michoacan.
>
> Some of their children were:
> Jose Rafhael Cavesa Cueva, b. 11 Jan. 1796, San Francisco, Tamazula de
> Gordiano, Jalisco (C603753 1783-1804, film #0225985.)
>
> *Vicente Vaca, b. 1797 (my direct line). *I have info for them but I need
> to confirm some dates.
>
> Jose (Josse) Miguel Salome Cabeza Cuevas, ch. 7 July 1789, San Agustin,
> Jacona de Placarte, Michoacan
>
> I was hoping to work on this line but just haven't had time to do so. Maybe
> this would be a good time and start working on it. :-)
>
> I'll keep your names and see if I find anything.
>
> Esther Lopez Jordan
>
>
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, wrote:
>
> > Esther,
> >
> > Miguel Vaca and Luz Cazarez are 3rd Great Grandparents, they lived in Ario
> > De Rayon, Michocan before moving to Coalcoman, Michoacan in the 1870's. Ario
> > de Rayon is close to La Barca could we be related ?
> >
> > Rafael Meraz
> >
> > -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> > Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >
> > To post, send email to:
> > research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >
> > To change your subscription, log on to:
> > http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com
> >

Daniel,

I just started my research on my Vaca line so I dont know but Ixtlan and Ario de
Rayon are close  so I think that they are related.

Rafael Meraz

________________________________
From: Daniel Briones
To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
Sent: Sat, March 19, 2011 9:54:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] vaca family

My name is Daniel Briones,

I have a Francisco Cabeza de Vaca married to a Josefa Lopez in Ixtlan,
Michoacan. I was wondering if you think that these Cabeza de Vacas are possibly
related?

Thanks,

Daniel Briones

> Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:45:36 -0700
> From: merazrafael@yahoo.com
> To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] vaca family
>
> Ok Thanks When I find out Miguel Vaca parents names I will let you know.
>
> Rafael Meraz Madrigal
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Esther Jordan
> To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
> Sent: Sat, March 19, 2011 6:57:53 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] vaca family
>
> I don't know if we connect yet.  I do have a Francisco Vaca (aka Cabesa de
> Baca) b. about 1758 married to Lugarda Cuevas (aka De la Cueva) b. abt 1761,
> married 12 February 1781, San Francisco de Asis, Ixtlan, Michoacan.
>
> Some of their children were:
> Jose Rafhael Cavesa Cueva, b. 11 Jan. 1796, San Francisco, Tamazula de
> Gordiano, Jalisco (C603753 1783-1804, film #0225985.)
>
> *Vicente Vaca, b. 1797 (my direct line).  *I have info for them but I need
> to confirm some dates.
>
> Jose (Josse) Miguel Salome Cabeza Cuevas, ch. 7 July 1789, San Agustin,
> Jacona de Placarte, Michoacan
>
> I was hoping to work on this line but just haven't had time to do so.  Maybe
> this would be a good time and start working on it.  :-)
>
> I'll keep your names and see if I find anything.
>
> Esther Lopez Jordan
>
>
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM, wrote:
>
> > Esther,
> >
> > Miguel Vaca and Luz Cazarez are 3rd Great Grandparents, they lived in Ario
> > De Rayon, Michocan before moving to Coalcoman, Michoacan in the 1870's. Ario
> > de Rayon is close to La Barca could we be related ?
> >
> > Rafael Meraz
> >
> > -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> > Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >
> > To post, send email to:
> > research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >
> > To change your subscription, log on to:
> > http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com
> >

While researching my Vaca line I have found that I too am a descendant of Francisco Cabesa de Baca and Lugarda Cuevas. I am a descendant of theirs through their son Miguel Vaca who married Dolores Ochoa in Ixtlan in 1822.

Rafael Meraz

Rafael, Francisco Cabesa de Baca and Lugarda Cuevas are my direct
descendants; I do need to get confirmation for Rosendo Vaca who married my
gggrandmother, Anastacia Velasquez. All I have is that he was killed before
my ggrandmother Maria Guadalupe Vaca Velasquez was born. I have an original
birth certificate for my ggrandmother and it has all these names that
connect them.
Does that mean we are cousins?
-Esther Jordan Lopez

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM, wrote:

> While researching my Vaca line I have found that I too am a descendant of
> Francisco Cabesa de Baca and Lugarda Cuevas. I am a descendant of theirs
> through their son Miguel Vaca who married Dolores Ochoa in Ixtlan in 1822.
> Rafael Meraz

Yes, we are distant cousins. Have you found Francisco Cabesa de Baca and Lugarda Cuevas marriage ?
I have looked for it in the date given but could not find it. I have a photo of my 2nd Great grandmother Maria Vaca Verduzco.
Rafael Meraz

From: Esther Jordan
To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] I have found a connection !!

Rafael, Francisco Cabesa de Baca and Lugarda Cuevas are my direct
descendants; I do need to get confirmation for Rosendo Vaca who married my
gggrandmother, Anastacia Velasquez.  All I have is that he was killed before
my ggrandmother Maria Guadalupe Vaca Velasquez was born.  I have an original
birth certificate for my ggrandmother and it has all these names that
connect them.
Does that mean we are cousins?
-Esther Jordan Lopez

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:02 PM, wrote:

> While researching my Vaca line I have found that I too am a descendant of
> Francisco Cabesa de Baca and Lugarda Cuevas. I am a descendant of theirs
> through their son Miguel Vaca who married Dolores Ochoa in Ixtlan in 1822.
> Rafael Meraz

I have a Jose Miguel Salome Cabeza de Vaca baptized in San Agustin, Jacona de Plancarte, Michoacan
on 7 Jul 1799 parents are Francisco Cabeza de Vaca and Lugarda Cuevas.

They also had Jose Rafael Cabeza de Vaca baptized in San Francisco, Tamazula de Gordiano, Jalisco
on 11 Jan 1796. They married 12 Feb 1781 San Francisco de Asis, Ixtlan, Michoacan, Mexico.

How far have you traced it? They might very well be from Zamora, Michoacan, where my paternal family
lived for two centuries.

Daniel Méndez Camino

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Navigation

Who's online

There are currently 1 user and 8 guests online.

Online users

  • arturoramos

Languages