You are hereForums / Genealogy Research / Thello De Orozco, to whom it may concern.

Thello De Orozco, to whom it may concern.

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lafamilia/nuestrosranchos.com/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/mailhandler.module on line 123.

By Marionicia - Posted on 26 July 2008

Hi! I have a connection with Tello De Orozco in one of the older branches of my tree.
Salvador Thello De Orozco married Petra Guadalupe De Leon Aguirre. Don´t have his parents and don´t know why, long time ago I extracted this data so don´t remember. Anyways, this marriage took place in Ayotlán, Jal. on february 15, 1779, batch M604478, film 0280788.

Greetings from Leticia Leon

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dear Leticia--

What an interesting and perhaps complicated question
you have asked in wanting to know who were the parents
of Salvador THELLO de OROZCO.

................

Hi! I have a connection with Tello De Orozco in one
of the older branches of my tree.
Salvador Thello De Orozco married Petra Guadalupe De
Leon Aguirre. Don´t have his parents and don´t know
why, long time ago I extracted this data so don´t
remember. Anyways, this marriage took place in
Ayotlán, Jal. on february 15, 1779, batch M604478,
film 0280788.

Greetings from Leticia Leon

................

I did not have a date for his marriage to Petra
Guadalupe de LEON nor her parents. I had figured out
they married about 1779 because I had their first son
listed as Jose Maria OROSCO, born about 1780 in
Pesadumbre, Atotonilco el Alto, Jalisco.

Jose Maria OROSCO married Juana Maria de La Luz NUNO
on 15 Jan 1801 in Atotonilco el Alto and had a child
named Jose Apolinar ORSOCO born 23 Jul 1804 in
Estanco, Atotonilco el Alto, Jalisco.

In my notes about "Juan Salvador de OROZCO", who
married Petra Guadalupe de LEON, I asked myself was it
possible that he was born Salvador, son of Juan Manuel
(TELLO DE OROSCO) and Maria Guadalupe VALENCIA and was
baptized on 6 Jan 1745 in Ayo el Chico? I asked was
he married previously?

For Salvador OROSCO, baptized 6 Jan 1745 in Ayo el
Chico and born previously in Las Cruces, Ayo el Chico,
I have that he married 2 Mar 1767 in Ayo el Chico to
Franca. Xabiera AVILA, daughter of Bartolome AVILA and
Catharina ARCEO. I do not have any children listed
for this couple and since I did not have the marriage
date and information for "Juan Salvador de OROZCO", I
could not see if he were a widower.

Salvador (and this may be the same person you are
asking about) was the third child of Juan Manuel TELLO
Y OROSCO who was born 13 May 1722 in Rancho de San
Francisco, Ayo el Chico and Maria de Gaudalupe
BALENCIA born 11 Aug 1722 in Rancho de San Francisco,
Ayo el Chico.

I have the marriage date of about 1741 for Juan Manuel
TELLO y OROSCO (son of Joseph Manuel OROSCO and Juana
Gertrudis MASSIAS BALADES married 19 Feb 1719 in
Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes) and Maria de Guadalupe
BALENCIA (daughter of Christobal BALENCIA and Maria
SANCHES m. 22 Jun 1721 in Ayo el Chico.)

My husband is related to child #1 of Juan Manuel TELLO
y OROSCO and Maria de Guadalupe BALENCIA. His name
was Juan Manuel TELLO born 22 Jan 1742 in Ayo el Chico
and his first wife Anna de la LUZ RAMIRES.

In regards to Petra Guadalupe de Leon (born about 1759
in Paso de Piedra, widow of "Juan Salvador de OROZCO",
I show her marrying a second time to Luis Antonio
FERNANDES on 7 Feb 1796 in Atotonilco el Alto. This
second marriage is on Microfilm #222,189. She was
listed as an espanola. She had been a widow for six
months. Additionally I have also seen her name as
Guadalupe COZ Y LEON.

In regards to the second husband of Petra Guadalupe de
Leon, Luis Antonio FERNANDES, my notes say he had:

1. First marriage to Maria Francisca de RINA?

2. Second marriage record on Microfilm #222,189 says
he was listed as an espanol from Pesadumbre. He had
been the husband of Maria Francisca de RINA?,who was
buried in San Sebastian de la cuidad de Guanato.
(Guanajuato?). The second wife was Ma. Michaela
Geronima FLORES baptized 12 Oct 1755 in Atotonilco el
Alto and her padrinos were Pedro Rafael SEPULVEDA y su
mujer Maria del Carmen NUNEZ.

Maria Michaela Geronima FLORES was the daughter of
Juachin FLORES born 16 Mar 1720 in Juajes, Atotonilco
el Alto and Dona Rosa Maria de ARIAS born about 1725.
Dona Rosa Maria de ARIAS was the daughter of Mathias
ARIAS Maldonado who married 22 Feb 1699 in Tepatitlan
de Morelos. Mathias' father was Joseph ARIAS
MALDONADO of Tlazazalca, Michoacan and Brigida
BUSTAMANTE y CERVANTES of Jiquilpan, Michoacan.

FLORES is another line that my husband has and Ma.
Michaela Geronima FLORES is a G X ?? aunt of his.
Her marriage record on Microfilm #222,189, showing the
date of 21 May 1794 in Atotonilco el Alto and says she
was an espanola del Paso de Piedra. Her father,
Juaquin FLORES, was dead but her mother, Maria Rosa
MALDONADO, was living. Unfortunately, Michaela died
in Sep 1795 at the age of about 40 years.

3. Third marriage record on Microfilm #222,189 for
Luis Antonio FERNANDES says he was an espanol and had
been a widower for eight months. He would marry Petra
Guadalupe de LEON on 7 Feb 1796 in Atotonilco el Alto.

While this might seem like too much information, I am
trying to leave you with lots of things to investigate
as I am going off line for a time.

Yours was a very helpful email because I got the
needed marriage date for "Juan Salvador de OROZCO" and
Petra Guadalupe de LEON. It also showed me that these
two connected municipios of Ayo el Chico and
Atotonilco el Alto had a good exchange of people going
from one to another.

Also, there are two ways to go from Ayo el Chico
(since 1982 called Ayotlan) and Atotonilco el Alto.
The northern route is over mountainous terrain but
going the back way, to the south is flat land, if one
goes via Santa Rita and passes by/through the
municipio of La Barca, Jalisco.

Best of luck in your research and I hope I have been
helpful to you.

Sincerely,
Patricia Burton
San Diego, Ca.

This message is for all members of Nuestros Ranchos.

I am currently looking for the link between Geronimo de Orosco married to
Doña Angela Temiño de Velasco, and his namesake Dr. Geronimo de Orosco y
Lerma, Gobernador y Capitan General de la Nueva Galicia and President of the
Real Audiencia de Guadalajara in 1574.

I read that the Geronimo de Orosco who married Doña Angela de Velasco was a
descendant of Alberto de Orosco, first cousin of Geronimo de Orosco y Lerma.
Doña Angela de Velasco was a great granddaughter of Hernan Flores de la
Torre, Conquistador de la Nueva Galicia, and his wife Maria Alvarez de la
Torre. Is anyone familiar with the pedigree of Dr. Geronimo de Orosco y
Lerma? Any thoughts on the link between Alberto de Orosco and his first
cousin Geronimo de Orosco? Any help will be appreciated.

Bill Figueroa

Who are the parents of Angela Tremino de Valasco and who were her parents' parents?

Thank you.
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" : --------------

> This message is for all members of Nuestros Ranchos.
>
> I am currently looking for the link between Geronimo de Orosco married to
> Doña Angela Temiño de Velasco, and his namesake Dr. Geronimo de Orosco y
> Lerma, Gobernador y Capitan General de la Nueva Galicia and President of the
> Real Audiencia de Guadalajara in 1574.
>
> I read that the Geronimo de Orosco who married Doña Angela de Velasco was a
> descendant of Alberto de Orosco, first cousin of Geronimo de Orosco y Lerma.
> Doña Angela de Velasco was a great granddaughter of Hernan Flores de la
> Torre, Conquistador de la Nueva Galicia, and his wife Maria Alvarez de la
> Torre. Is anyone familiar with the pedigree of Dr. Geronimo de Orosco y
> Lerma? Any thoughts on the link between Alberto de Orosco and his first
> cousin Geronimo de Orosco? Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Bill Figueroa
>
>

Esther,

The parents of Angela Temiño de Velasco were Juan Ramírez de la Campaña and Francisca Temiño de Velasco. She used her mother's surname. I don't know who her paternal grandparents were, but her maternal grandparents were Diego Flores de la Torre (second Encomendero of Juchipila) and Angela de Velasco.

Do you have any info. on this family?

Bill Figueroa

----- Original Message -----
From:
To:
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA

Who are the parents of Angela Tremino de Valasco and who were her parents' parents?

Thank you.
--
Esther A. Herold

I was looking for information of Diego Temino de Velasco who was also know as Diego Trevino de Velasco. I do not have information on this family. Diego was in Cartegena before 1537. Francisca Alcocer his wife arrived after 1537 with their children which included Baltasar Banuelos. Banuelos was a family name of an ancestor.
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" : --------------

> Esther,
> The parents of Angela Temiño de Velasco were Juan Ramírez de la Campaña and Francisca Temiño de Velasco. She used her mother's surname. I don't know who her paternal grandparents were, but her maternal grandparents were Diego Flores
> de la Torre (second Encomendero of Juchipila) and Angela de Velasco.
>
> Do you have any info. on this family?
>
> Bill Figueroa
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From:
> To:
> Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:54 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
>
> Who are the parents of Angela Tremino de Valasco and who were her parents'
> parents?
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Esther A. Herold

Doña Angela de Velasco (married to Gerónimo de Orosco) was a resident of Aguascalientes. They owned the Hacienda de San Gerónimo, I believe in the Jurisdiction of Teocaltiche. Her ancestors were:

Parents: Juan Ramírez de la Campaña
Francisca Temiño de Velasco

Grandparents: Diego Flores de la Torre (2nd. Encomendero de Juchipila)
(maternal) Angela de Velasco

G1 Grandparents Pedro Pacho Rodríguez (Conquistador) (The surname Pacho evolved into Pacheco)
(maternal) María Ana de Velasco y Temiño de Bañuelos

G2 Grandparents Diego de Velasco Alcide de Temiño
(maternal) Francisca de Alcocer (see below)

G3 Grandparents Bernardino Fernández de Velasco
(paternal) María Enríquez Sarmiento

The parents of Francisca de Alcocer were Pedro de León and Beatriz de Alcocer y Bañuelos.
Baltasar Temiño de Bañuelos (Conquistador) was a brother of María Ana de Velasco y Temiño de Bañuelos. He was born ca. 1568 in Zacatecas and married María de Zaldívar y Mendoza.

Bill Figueroa

----- Original Message -----
From:
To:
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA

>I was looking for information of Diego Temino de Velasco who was also know as Diego Trevino de Velasco. I do not have information on this family. Diego was in Cartegena before 1537. Francisca Alcocer his wife arrived after 1537 with their children which included Baltasar Banuelos. Banuelos was a family name of an ancestor.
> --
> Esther A. Herold
>
> -------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" : --------------
>
>
>> Esther,
>> The parents of Angela Temiño de Velasco were Juan Ramírez de la Campaña and Francisca Temiño de Velasco. She used her mother's surname. I don't know who her paternal grandparents were, but her maternal grandparents were Diego Flores
>> de la Torre (second Encomendero of Juchipila) and Angela de Velasco.
>>
>> Do you have any info. on this family?
>>
>> Bill Figueroa
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From:
>> To:
>> Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:54 PM
>> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
>>
>> Who are the parents of Angela Tremino de Valasco and who were her parents'
>> parents?
>>
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> Esther A. Herold

Bernardino Fernandez de Velasco was childless. His brother Inigo inheirted this title and lands. Illegitimate children in that family did inherit titles.
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" : --------------

Doña Angela de Velasco (married to Gerónimo de Orosco) was a resident of Aguascalientes. They owned the Hacienda de San Gerónimo, I believe in the
> Jurisdiction of Teocaltiche. Her ancestors were:
>
> Parents: Juan Ramírez de la Campaña
> Francisca Temiño de Velasco
> Grandparents: Diego Flores de la Torre (2nd. Encomendero de
> Juchipila)
> (maternal) Angela de Velasco
> G1 Grandparents Pedro Pacho Rodríguez (Conquistador) (The
> surname Pacho evolved into Pacheco)
> (maternal) María Ana de Velasco y Temiño de Bañuelos
>
> G2 Grandparents Diego de Velasco Alcide de Temiño
> (maternal) Francisca de Alcocer (see below)
>
> G3 Grandparents Bernardino Fernández de Velasco
> (paternal) María Enríquez Sarmiento
> The parents of Francisca de Alcocer were Pedro de León and Beatriz de Alcocer y
> Bañuelos.
> Baltasar Temiño de Bañuelos (Conquistador) was a brother of María Ana de
> Velasco y Temiño de Bañuelos. He was born ca. 1568 in Zacatecas and married
> María de Zaldívar y Mendoza.
>
> Bill Figueroa
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From:
> To:
> Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:54 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
>
>
> >I was looking for information of Diego Temino de Velasco who was also know as
> Diego Trevino de Velasco. I do not have information on this family. Diego was
> in Cartegena before 1537. Francisca Alcocer his wife arrived after 1537 with
> their children which included Baltasar Banuelos. Banuelos was a family name of
> an ancestor.
> > --
> > Esther A. Herold
> >
> > -------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" :
> --------------
> >
> >
> >> Esther,
> >> The parents of Angela Temiño de Velasco were Juan Ramírez de la Campaña
> and Francisca Temiño de Velasco. She used her mother's surname. I don't know
> who her paternal grandparents were, but her maternal grandparents were Diego
> Flores
> >> de la Torre (second Encomendero of Juchipila) and Angela de Velasco.
> >>
> >> Do you have any info. on this family?
> >>
> >> Bill Figueroa
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From:
> >> To:
> >> Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:54 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
> >>
> >> Who are the parents of Angela Tremino de Valasco and who were her parents'
> >> parents?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >> --
> >> Esther A. Herold
> >> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> >> Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >>
> >> To post, send email to:
> >> research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >>
> >> To change your subscription, log on to:
> >> http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com
> > -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> > Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >
> > To post, send email to:
> > research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >
> > To change your subscription, log on to:
> > http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com

Para la información de todos ustedes, estoy en este momento en el museo de Tepatitlán Jalisco. El libro de don Mariano González Leal "Retoños de la Nueva España tomo I y tomo II, los tienen de venta en este mismo lugar. Acabo de platicar con el editor y dice que tiene la cantidad que le pidan.
 
El nombre del editor es Francisco Alcalá, su número directo es: (378) 782-4277.
Su domicilio electrónico es consejodecronistasalcala@hotmail.com
 
For the information of you all, I am right now at the museum of Tepatitlán Jalisco.
They have for sale the book of Mariano González Leal "Retoños de la Nueva España." editions I and II.
 
I am talking to the editor, he says that he has any amount avalaible for sale.
 
The editor´s name is Francisco Alcalá. His direct telephone number is: (378) 7982 - 4277. If you call from the U.S or Canada, you dial (011) (52) first than the city code 378. His email is: consejodecronistasalcala@hotmail.com
 
Thank you
 
Juan Ramón Alvarez

--- On Wed, 8/20/08, eaherold@att.net wrote:

From: eaherold@att.net
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com
Date: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 3:14 PM

Bernardino Fernandez de Velasco was childless. His brother Inigo inheirted this
title and lands. Illegitimate children in that family did inherit titles.
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa"
: --------------

Doña Angela de Velasco (married to Gerónimo de Orosco) was a resident of
Aguascalientes. They owned the Hacienda de San Gerónimo, I believe in the
> Jurisdiction of Teocaltiche. Her ancestors were:
>
> Parents: Juan Ramírez de la Campaña
> Francisca Temiño de Velasco
> Grandparents: Diego Flores de la Torre (2nd. Encomendero de
> Juchipila)
> (maternal) Angela de Velasco
> G1 Grandparents Pedro Pacho Rodríguez (Conquistador) (The
> surname Pacho evolved into Pacheco)
> (maternal) María Ana de Velasco y Temiño de Bañuelos
>
> G2 Grandparents Diego de Velasco Alcide de Temiño
> (maternal) Francisca de Alcocer (see below)
>
> G3 Grandparents Bernardino Fernández de Velasco
> (paternal) María Enríquez Sarmiento
> The parents of Francisca de Alcocer were Pedro de León and Beatriz de
Alcocer y
> Bañuelos.
> Baltasar Temiño de Bañuelos (Conquistador) was a brother of María Ana
de
> Velasco y Temiño de Bañuelos. He was born ca. 1568 in Zacatecas and
married
> María de Zaldívar y Mendoza.
>
> Bill Figueroa
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From:
> To:
> Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:54 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
>
>
> >I was looking for information of Diego Temino de Velasco who was also
know as
> Diego Trevino de Velasco. I do not have information on this family. Diego
was
> in Cartegena before 1537. Francisca Alcocer his wife arrived after 1537
with
> their children which included Baltasar Banuelos. Banuelos was a family
name of
> an ancestor.
> > --
> > Esther A. Herold
> >
> > -------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" :
> --------------
> >
> >
> >> Esther,
> >> The parents of Angela Temiño de Velasco were Juan Ramírez de la
Campaña
> and Francisca Temiño de Velasco. She used her mother's surname. I
don't know
> who her paternal grandparents were, but her maternal grandparents were
Diego
> Flores
> >> de la Torre (second Encomendero of Juchipila) and Angela de
Velasco.
> >>
> >> Do you have any info. on this family?
> >>
> >> Bill Figueroa
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From:
> >> To:
> >> Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:54 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
> >>
> >> Who are the parents of Angela Tremino de Valasco and who were her
parents'
> >> parents?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >> --
> >> Esther A. Herold
> >> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> >> Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >>
> >> To post, send email to:
> >> research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >>
> >> To change your subscription, log on to:
> >> http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com
> > -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> > Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >
> > To post, send email to:
> > research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >
> > To change your subscription, log on to:
> > http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com

Iñigo Fernández de Velasco inherited lands and the title of Duque de Frías. If his brother Bernardino Fernández de Velasco, who married María Enríquez Sarmiento, was childless, then who were the parents of Diego Temiño de Velasco? Please explain.

Bill Figueroa

----- Original Message -----
From:
To:
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA

Bernardino Fernandez de Velasco was childless. His brother Inigo inheirted this title and lands. Illegitimate children in that family did inherit titles.
--
Esther A. Herold

Bill,

To find the parents of Diego you have to begin in Seville, where they were born.

See this url :http://club.telepolis.com/letorre/archivo/origen/monte.htm

It explains about the relationship of Francisca Alcocer and Beatriz Alcocer, who were sisters.
The information on Saavedra is also in the 'Encomenderos of New Spain 1521-155' by Robert Himmerich y Valencia.

Bernardino was married
Blanca de Herrera, señora de Pedraza de la Sierra
Juana of Aragon, illegitimate daughter of Ferdinand II of Aragon.
Source
Duques de Frías(in Portuguese

Bernardino I Fernández de Velasco
De Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre
(Redirigido desde Bernardino Fernández de Velasco (III Conde de Haro))
Saltar a navegación, búsqueda
Bernardino I Fernández de Velasco y Mendoza (1454 - 1512), 3º conde de Haro, 7º condestable de Castilla, miembro del triunvirato con el Cardenal Cisneros y con Pedro Manrique III de Lara, 1º Duque de Nájera que aconsejaba desde 1506 a la Reina Juana I de Castilla "La Loca".
Casó en primeras nupcias en 1472 con Blanca de Herrera, viuda y única heredera, siendo dote de casamiento el castillo y la villa de Pedraza. De este matrimonio nacieron Ana, que casaría con Alvaro Pimentel y Pacheco, 5º Conde de Benavente y Pedro (muerto al nacer).
Este castillo de los Herrera, mariscales de Castilla sin línea masculina que emparentarían con los Fernández de Córdoba, los Velasco y otras altas familias y que serían Gobernadores - Conquistadores en Canarias, esto sería después de la derrota de Francisco I de Francia en Pavía el 25 de febrero de 1525, el "albergue" de dos hijos de Francisco I, tomados como rehenes por Carlos I de España, hasta el reconocimiento por el Rey de Francia del aplastante predominio hispano en Italia que se deduciría del subsiguiente Tratado de Madrid.
Casó nuevamente con Juana de Aragón y Ruiz de Ivorra, hija ilegítima de Fernando II de Aragón "El Católico" y hermana uterina del Arzobispo de Zaragoza Alonso de Aragón y Ruiz de Ivorra, teniendo de ella una hija y heredera legítima cerca de 1508, llamada Juliana Angélica, protegida por un Consejo Tutorial y que acabaría siendo casada en 1512 con su primo carnal Pedro, hijo del hermano sucesor de Bernardino Iñigo I.
El 20 de marzo de 1492, los Reyes Católicos lo hicieron 1ºDuque de Frías. El Ducado aparece en fondos documentales editados sobre la Conquista de Granada en protocolos en árabe y en castellano que todavía existen.
Herencia [editar]
Tras su muerte, sin haber dejado descendencia masculina, su título de Duque de Frías pasó a su hermano Iñigo Fernández de Velasco y Mendoza. Tras la muerte de Blanca de Herrera, su 1ª mujer, la villa de Pedraza pasó también a manos de Íñigo en vez de a Ana Fernández de Velasco y de Herrera, la hija de ambos del 1º matrimonio de Bernardino I. El marido de Ana, Álvaro Pimentel y de Pacheco, 5º Conde de Benavente, se enfrentó violentamente a Iñigo en 1512 reclamando los derechos de su esposa, sin conseguirlo.
Juliana Angélica al fallecer su padre, con solo 4 años de edad heredó cuantiosos bienes adquiridos de su industriosidad personal con sus banqueros conversos y agentes marítimos en San Vicente de la Barquera, Laredo y San Sebastián y de la Renta de los diezmos del mar.
Bernardino I había redactado provisiones en caso de su fallecimiento sin sucesión masculina, para que heredaran también sus 4 bastardos varones extramatrimoniales reconocidos, Pedro, Juan, Bernardino y Pedro Suarez. Tratando así de protegerlos de la rapacidad de su hermano menor Iñigo, llamado a heredar el status señorial y familiar, y que estaba casado con una Maria de Tovar, de Berlanga de Duero, a quien parece que debía muchas fincas y dineros.
Los presagios de Bernardino se desbocaron a la muerte del abuelo materno, el rey Fernando II de Aragón en 1516.
En 1520, se casó a Juliana Angélica, con tan solo unos 12 años, con el heredero e hijo primogénito del hermano sucesor Iñigo, su primo de más de 25 años de edad Pedro Fernández IV de Velasco, 3º Duque de Frías, pese a los pleitos de uno de los tutores honestos (un Arellano riojano de Los Cameros) y las reclamaciones judiciales del hijo Pedro a su padre Iñigo, para que se le entregara la niña Juliana Angélica y así poder consumar su matrimonio cuando Angélica tuviera la edad legal.
Obtenido de "http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardino_I_Fern%C3%A1ndez_de_Velasco"

--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from "Bill Figueroa" : --------------

Iñigo Fernández de Velasco inherited lands and the title of Duque de Frías. If his brother Bernardino Fernández de Velasco, who married María Enríquez Sarmiento, was childless, then who were the parents of Diego Temiño de Velasco?
> Please explain.
>
> Bill Figueroa
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From:
> To:
> Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:14 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] DON GERONIMO DE OROSCO Y LERMA
>
> Bernardino Fernandez de Velasco was childless. His brother Inigo inheirted this
> title and lands. Illegitimate children in that family did inherit titles.
> --
> Esther A. Herold

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Navigation

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 1 guest online.

Languages