You are hereForums / Genealogy Research / Advice on how to continue when you're stuck

Advice on how to continue when you're stuck

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lafamilia/nuestrosranchos.com/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/mailhandler.module on line 123.

By acalleros - Posted on 27 June 2008

Hello all, I would like to know if anyone has any tips about how to continue
when you're stuck. My specific situation is that I was able to find records
back to 1856 for one of my family lines, others lines have ended sooner. On
my fathers side I'm going to have to actually go to Jalisco and see if I can
find some records. The names I'm looking for there are for a Jose Quintero
and Carlota Del Rio parents of Salvador and Juan Quintero. I guess my real
question is how can you trace a family member that may have immigrated to
Mexico? I'm starting to wonder if I should stop looking at marriage,
baptismal and birth records and start looking at immigration records. And
does anyone know where I can go for Mexican immigration records?

Thanks!
--
America Calleros

Hola America, Archivos Espanoles en Red can help you if your ancestor emmigrated to Mexico between 1519-ca. 1821. So a good chunck of time. Are you related to the famous MArtinez del Rio familiy? Some their house members are in Jalisco? According to my grandfather our families never got along. It's funny in my opinion. What great lengths people will go for a acre of land. Well I do have some advice. Just keep gooing on to other lines. Hopefully their in Jalisco at least all it will be easier in my opinion. The Spanish families are so well documented until about 1730. Post 1730 is when you must order microfilm in order to connect to the pre 1730 genealogy.
Where exactlyis your family from in Jalisco? If its los altos, remember to check more than one place. Pick Wisely, it can cost a bit. Remember our ancestors moved to place to place. -Daniel
_________________________________________________________________
The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst

Daniel, thanks for the advice. The Quintero and Del Rio families were from
Tuxpan, Jalisco. I only know vague stories about the families, they had a
mill their but I'm not sure if it was a sugar mill or what kind :S

I know Juan Quintero was in the Mexican Navy. The ship was sunk off the
coast of Mexico by the Germans (I think) and he never came back. We know
there were survivors but I don't know if those kinds of records are also
available some where.

Thanks again!

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Daniel Mendez
wrote:

>
> Hola America, Archivos Espanoles en Red can help you if your ancestor
> emmigrated to Mexico between 1519-ca. 1821. So a good chunck of time. Are
> you related to the famous MArtinez del Rio familiy? Some their house members
> are in Jalisco? According to my grandfather our families never got along.
> It's funny in my opinion. What great lengths people will go for a acre of
> land. Well I do have some advice. Just keep gooing on to other lines.
> Hopefully their in Jalisco at least all it will be easier in my opinion. The
> Spanish families are so well documented until about 1730. Post 1730 is when
> you must order microfilm in order to connect to the pre 1730 genealogy.
> Where exactlyis your family from in Jalisco? If its los altos, remember to
> check more than one place. Pick Wisely, it can cost a bit. Remember our
> ancestors moved to place to place. -Daniel
> _________________________________________________________________
> The i'm Talkathon starts 6/24/08. For now, give amongst yourselves.
> http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst

Ancestry.com has an extensive list of immigration records from the late 1800's and the early 1900's. I found my grandparents in these records from 1912. It's not free; you have to buy a subscription but to a genealogist, it's worth it.

America Calleros wrote: Hello all, I would like to know if anyone has any tips about how to continue
when you're stuck. My specific situation is that I was able to find records
back to 1856 for one of my family lines, others lines have ended sooner. On
my fathers side I'm going to have to actually go to Jalisco and see if I can
find some records. The names I'm looking for there are for a Jose Quintero
and Carlota Del Rio parents of Salvador and Juan Quintero. I guess my real
question is how can you trace a family member that may have immigrated to
Mexico? I'm starting to wonder if I should stop looking at marriage,
baptismal and birth records and start looking at immigration records. And
does anyone know where I can go for Mexican immigration records?

Thanks!
--
America Calleros

Hi, one step is search in "informacion matrimonial" films also, it may contain useful info.
 
Leticia Leon Morales

--- El jue 3-jul-08, luis cano escribió:

America Calleros wrote: Hello all, I would like
to know if anyone has any tips about how to continue
when you're stuck.

__________________________________________________
Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.