You are hereForums / Genealogy Research / Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of Pinos, Zacatecas

Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of Pinos, Zacatecas

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lafamilia/nuestrosranchos.com/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/mailhandler.module on line 123.

By Welester - Posted on 13 February 2007

Hi there Josie ,

Do you add the hominy or corn into the menudo , in California we put the corn in and the people here in Monterrey get furious with me cuz they say that is NOT the way it's supposed to be . I tell them ( in jest ) that the reason I have come to Monterrey is to get them all back on the right path , that they have strayed and have forgotten to add the corn to menudo , I laugh and they just stare at me , go figure . hehe

Welester

> From: josiett3@satx.rr.com> To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:17:22 -0600> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of Pinos, Zacatecas> > > I make a mean pot of menudo, Joseph........let me know when you are down in> San Antonio and I will fire up the stove!> > Josie> > >
_________________________________________________________________
Live Search: Better results, fast
http://get.live.com/search/overview

I like the Hominy the best and generally eat more of the Hominy and very little of the meat. One time I was travelling and ordered Menudo and was very disappointed when all it had was meat and NO hominy. :-( I can't remember now what city I was in.

Its great that you are getting them back on the right path... :-)

Angie Godina

I know what you mean, but the opposite happened to me. My family, being from Zacatecas, is used to Menudo w/out the hominy since Pozole is the one we use hominy with. I was so shocked when my husband's mom served me Menudo w/hominy. I think it depends on the region of Mexico because even she used to make it w/out hominy (being from Jalisco), but because she married into a family from Durango, she learned to make it with. Interesting how there are so many variations of the same thing depending on the region that you're from like Menudo with vs. without hominy, green vs. red pozole, cheese and onion enchiladas vs. meat enchiladas, tamales made w/corn husks vs. banana leaves...Well, you get the picture... :-) Mmmm...I think I'm getting hungry... :-P

aajay1073 wrote:
I like the Hominy the best and generally eat more of the Hominy and very little of the meat. One time I was travelling and ordered Menudo and was very disappointed when all it had was meat and NO hominy. :-( I can't remember now what city I was in.

Its great that you are getting them back on the right path... :-)

Angie Godina

Hi!

I make mine using the "honeycomb" tripe and the usual spices and garlic,
etc. Then at the end I add yellow hominy.....It seems to give it better
color with all that red chili powder color. I also use those dried black
chilis after I boil them in water to remove the skins......that seems to
give the menudo a great flavor. I learned how to make menudo many years ago
from a lady who owned a Mexican restaurant......she was the best cook! I
have never heard of anyone using corn in menudo......

Now you guys have made me hungry for menudo!!! :-)

Josie in San Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: research-bounces@lists.NuestrosRanchos.com
[mailto:research-bounces@lists.NuestrosRanchos.com] On Behalf Of Lester
Alvarado
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:08 PM
To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of
Pinos,Zacatecas

Hi there Josie ,

Do you add the hominy or corn into the menudo , in California we put the
corn in and the people here in Monterrey get furious with me cuz they say
that is NOT the way it's supposed to be . I tell them ( in jest ) that the
reason I have come to Monterrey is to get them all back on the right path ,
that they have strayed and have forgotten to add the corn to menudo , I
laugh and they just stare at me , go figure . hehe

Welester

> From: josiett3@satx.rr.com> To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com> Date:
> Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:17:22 -0600> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos]
> Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of Pinos, Zacatecas> > > I make a mean
> pot of menudo, Joseph........let me know when you are down in> San
> Antonio and I will fire up the stove!> > Josie> > >
_________________________________________________________________

Angie.....as I replied to Welester a while ago, I use yellow hominy in my
menudo and I put LOTS of it! I love the hominy too! I sure am getting
hungry!!! :-)

Josie in San Antonio

-----Original Message-----
From: research-bounces@lists.NuestrosRanchos.com
[mailto:research-bounces@lists.NuestrosRanchos.com] On Behalf Of aajay1073
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:21 PM
To: research@lists.nuestrosranchos.com
Subject: [Nuestros Ranchos] Menudo

I like the Hominy the best and generally eat more of the Hominy and very
little of the meat. One time I was travelling and ordered Menudo and was
very disappointed when all it had was meat and NO hominy. :-( I can't
remember now what city I was in.

Its great that you are getting them back on the right path... :-)

Angie Godina

Everybody needs to be very very careful not to post private information
to the list. Remember you are not talking only to that one person but to
over 150 individuals subscribed to the Research list. so let's keep
phone numbers, addresses, and other private information off the list please.

thanks,

joseph

===================

Joseph Puentes
http://H2Opodcast.com (Environment Podcast)
http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History)

juanita delgado wrote:
> josie, double prima,
>
> in a few minutes i will be on my way to "marimbalandia", Veracruz.
>
> will talk wwhen I get back.
>
> xxxxxxx Ave., xxxxxx, tx, xxxxx, xxx xxx xxxx cell xxx xxx-xxxx
>
> Adeeos. prima juanita
>
> "Josie T. Trevino" wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I make mine using the "honeycomb" tripe and the usual spices and garlic,
> etc. Then at the end I add yellow hominy.....It seems to give it better
> color with all that red chili powder color. I also use those dried black
> chilis after I boil them in water to remove the skins......that seems to
> give the menudo a great flavor. I learned how to make menudo many years ago
> from a lady who owned a Mexican restaurant......she was the best cook! I
> have never heard of anyone using corn in menudo......
>
> Now you guys have made me hungry for menudo!!! :-)
>
> Josie in San Antonio
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: research-bounces@lists.NuestrosRanchos.com
> [mailto:research-bounces@lists.NuestrosRanchos.com] On Behalf Of Lester
> Alvarado
> Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:08 PM
> To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of
> Pinos,Zacatecas
>
> Hi there Josie ,
>
> Do you add the hominy or corn into the menudo , in California we put the
> corn in and the people here in Monterrey get furious with me cuz they say
> that is NOT the way it's supposed to be . I tell them ( in jest ) that the
> reason I have come to Monterrey is to get them all back on the right path ,
> that they have strayed and have forgotten to add the corn to menudo , I
> laugh and they just stare at me , go figure . hehe
>
> Welester
>
>
>
>
>> From: josiett3@satx.rr.com> To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com> Date:
>> Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:17:22 -0600> Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos]
>> Newest Prima!!!: was- Delgados of Pinos, Zacatecas> > > I make a mean
>> pot of menudo, Joseph........let me know when you are down in> San
>> Antonio and I will fire up the stove!> > Josie> > >
>>
> _________________________________________________________________
>
>

Joseph I discovered we are not only posting to the list but some of our "conversations" appear on Google as well depending on the subject. I googled Miguel Caldera and was surprised to find me listed because of what I asked and posted... It's not a problem to me but I thought others should be aware..
Linda in Everett

Joseph Puentes wrote:

Everybody needs to be very very careful not to post private information
to the list. Remember you are not talking only to that one person but to
over 150 individuals subscribed to the Research list. so let's keep
phone numbers, addresses, and other private information off the list please.

thanks,

joseph

---------------------------------
Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

yes the message archived are public. that is so the public can decide if
the content of our conversation is "serious" or "superficial." that is a
way they can determine if they want into the group. All your private
information as in email address, location city, etc is just that
"Private" that is unless a person were to break the guidelines of the
group and post private information into emails.

thanks,

joseph

===================

Joseph Puentes
http://H2Opodcast.com (Environment Podcast)
http://NuestraFamiliaUnida.com (Latin American History)

Erlinda Castanon-Long wrote:
> Joseph I discovered we are not only posting to the list but some of our "conversations" appear on Google as well depending on the subject. I googled Miguel Caldera and was surprised to find me listed because of what I asked and posted... It's not a problem to me but I thought others should be aware..
> Linda in Everett
>
> Joseph Puentes wrote:
>
> Everybody needs to be very very careful not to post private information
> to the list. Remember you are not talking only to that one person but to
> over 150 individuals subscribed to the Research list. so let's keep
> phone numbers, addresses, and other private information off the list please.
>
> thanks,
>
> joseph
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Be a PS3 game guru.
> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Navigation

Who's online

There are currently 1 user and 4 guests online.

Online users

  • arturoramos

Languages