You are hereForums / Genealogy Research / [Fwd: Yaqui Tribe]

[Fwd: Yaqui Tribe]

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lafamilia/nuestrosranchos.com/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/mailhandler.module on line 123.

By makas_nc - Posted on 07 January 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Nuestros Ranchos] Yaqui Tribe]
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 18:30:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary Felix
To: Joseph Puentes

Hi Joseph,
there is no way to tell definitively. It is most likely Yaqui would be
similar to the Native Americans of the southwestern
United States. That would be more likely mtdna B and maybe C3 for ydna.
Although anything is possible.
Matches to this area (Sonora) would help in this regard.

Least likely would be mtdna D.

Gary

*/Joseph Puentes /* wrote:

Gary How do I go about explaining this?

joseph

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Nuestros Ranchos] Yaqui Tribe
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:33:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Maureen Bejar
Reply-To: research@NuestrosRanchos.com
To: research@lists.nuestrosranchos.com
References: <481420.74952.qm@web55209.mail.re4.yahoo.com>

Dear Linda: I have been looking all over for something on a Yakhi tribe, but I think I was given an
incorrect spelling! Your posting with Yaqui maybe the right
spelling. Per my mom-in-law, Catarina Jauregui may have been part Yaqui. Can you give me any
information on this? If I can convince one of the family member to submit to a DNA test, what
haplogroup would show as Yaqui? Thanks for any help.
Maureen

thank you Joseph...

Joseph Puentes wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Nuestros Ranchos] Yaqui Tribe]
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 18:30:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary Felix
To: Joseph Puentes

Hi Joseph,
there is no way to tell definitively. It is most likely Yaqui would be
similar to the Native Americans of the southwestern
United States. That would be more likely mtdna B and maybe C3 for ydna.
Although anything is possible.
Matches to this area (Sonora) would help in this regard.

Least likely would be mtdna D.

Gary

*/Joseph Puentes /* wrote:

Gary How do I go about explaining this?

joseph

--------
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Dear Joseph and Linda:
Thanks for the info. Now all I need to do is convince my husband to submit to the test! Like all the others on this site, I feel really alone. If it was not for you, I would feel really isolated in my search. Seems most family researchers have the same problem. We do not have a lot of company in our families. The only time I felt really comfortable was at the Allen County Public Library. I spent a whole day there. About 50 other researchers were there and I thought, now this is great, there are more people who think this is worthwhile! Problem is they have few Mexico or Spain records and they did not have the Irish records I was looking for. However, the place is huge with every other kind of genealogical book and microfilm.

Maureen, I found most people think they have to do a blood test and that really turns them off.. It's actually only two cotton swabs, one for back-up.. They swab the lining of their mouth and you put them in the containers they send you and mail them back, simple as that! Within 6 weeks you'll know your lineage..

I'm so grateful for the familysearch.com site and the family history centers all over the world. I did not get the records in my trip to Mexico that I've gotten at the history centers her stateside.

good luck, Linda in Everett

Maureen Bejar wrote:

Dear Joseph and Linda:
Thanks for the info. Now all I need to do is convince my husband to submit to the test! Like all the others on this site, I feel really alone. If it was not for you, I would feel really isolated in my search. Seems most family researchers have the same problem. We do not have a lot of company in our families. The only time I felt really comfortable was at the Allen County Public Library. I spent a whole day there. About 50 other researchers were there and I thought, now this is great, there are more people who think this is worthwhile! Problem is they have few Mexico or Spain records and they did not have the Irish records I was looking for. However, the place is huge with every other kind of genealogical book and microfilm.

Dear Linda:
It is not the method of DNA collecting, it is more about not wanting to do the genealogy. My husband is just not into it. We know about the easy mouth swab and do-it-yourself through the mail. He just does not see the use.

Maureen

Maureen, do you have son? He could do the same test... at least the dna part, not the mtdna for your husbands mother line.. If your son did both, dna and mtdna then it would be your husbands paternal and and your maternal line.. something to think about.

Linda

Maureen Bejar wrote:

Dear Linda:
It is not the method of DNA collecting, it is more about not wanting to do the genealogy. My husband is just not into it. We know about the easy mouth swab and do-it-yourself through the mail. He just does not see the use.

Maureen

Dear Linda:
My husband and I have no sons, so it would be either him or his brother that I have to convince to take the test. Maybe someday.

Maureen

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Navigation

Who's online

There is currently 1 user and 1 guest online.

Online users

  • arturoramos

Languages