You are hereForums / Genealogy Research / New MtDNA Results

New MtDNA Results

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/lafamilia/nuestrosranchos.com/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/mailhandler.module on line 123.

By arturoramos - Posted on 04 April 2006

I just received the mtDNA from the test that my father did.

Both of my maternal lineages have come back as indigenous (A and B) and both of my paternal lineages have come back as European (E3b and R1b)

HVR1 Haplogroup
B

HVR1 differences
from CRS
16092C
16111T
16182C
16183C
16189C
16217C
16483A
16519C

How exciting - can you decipher what this means?

Esperanza

If you go into the Old ranchos archives and search under mtDNA there is
a wonderful explanation that Victor wrote up a while back.

Basically, the codes listed are the differences from a standard
Mitochondrial DNA map, so they are basically the "mutations" that would
differentiate the DNA of this woman's descendants from that of other
women's descendants. Basically, finding someone whose mtDNA had the
same CRS differences likely shared the same ancestor a few or several
hundred years back... along the strictly maternal line... so this is the
DNA of my father's mother's mother's mother... etc.

FamilyTree DNA does show a match at this (low resolution) level so I am
going to contact the woman and find out what she knows about her
ancestry and where our ancestries may intersect.

-----Original Message-----
From: research-bounces@lists.nuestrosranchos.com
[mailto:research-bounces@lists.nuestrosranchos.com] On Behalf Of
Latina1955@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:33 PM
To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] New MtDNA Results

How exciting - can you decipher what this means?

Esperanza

Arturo Ramos wrote:

>Esperanza:
>
>If you go into the Old ranchos archives and search under mtDNA there is
>a wonderful explanation that Victor wrote up a while back.
>
>Basically, the codes listed are the differences from a standard
>Mitochondrial DNA map, so they are basically the "mutations" that would
>differentiate the DNA of this woman's descendants from that of other
>women's descendants. Basically, finding someone whose mtDNA had the
>same CRS differences likely shared the same ancestor a few or several
>hundred years back... along the strictly maternal line... so this is the
>DNA of my father's mother's mother's mother... etc.
>
>FamilyTree DNA does show a match at this (low resolution) level so I am
>going to contact the woman and find out what she knows about her
>ancestry and where our ancestries may intersect.
>
I've gotten 7 matches so far. Most of them are so distant that the
connections are probably before records were being kept. (did they keep
records back 50 generations ago?) It will be a hard row to hoe to make
more than a generalized guess out of these matches. Then again if you
figure out a way of proceeding I'm wanting to try with my matches. I
send out emails from time to time becasue we are family afterall
regardless. Puts a different meaning to the word Lejano (distant)
doesn't it?

joseph

>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: research-bounces@lists.nuestrosranchos.com
>[mailto:research-bounces@lists.nuestrosranchos.com] On Behalf Of
>Latina1955@aol.com
>Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:33 PM
>To: research@nuestrosranchos.com
>Subject: Re: [Nuestros Ranchos] New MtDNA Results
>
>How exciting - can you decipher what this means?
>
>Esperanza

Yes, I am looking for mt-dna matches. I am trying to determine what Indian triber my matrilineal line is.

My numbers are:

HVR1 HaplogroupA
HVR1 differences
from CRS16111T
16136C
16223T
16247G
16257T
16290T
16319A
16344T
16362C
16468C
16519C
HVR2 differences
from CRS64T
73G
146C
153G
235G
263G
309.1C
315.1C
522-
523-

Thanks,
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------

> Esther, do you mean the mitrocondrila (mtdna)? Yes I did and it came back
> Haplogroup A, Native American. Did you want the numbers? I also had my mothers
> brother do the Gutierrez line that I've traced to 1650 in Chilchota Michoacan
> and the dna test came back Hapologroup N.
> Linda now in Ohio
>
> eaherold@att.net wrote:
> ERlinda,
>
> Have you done dna testing on your matrilineal line. I would like to compare my
> md-dna to yours.
> I believe my matrilineal line is Tlaxcalan and am trying to prove it. I already
> have my results. My son took the test some months back.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Esther
> --
> Esther A. Herold
>
>
> -------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------
>
>
> > Jose Humberto
> > I found this file very interesting since I've taken my maternal lines back to
> > Tlazalaca and Chilchota Michoacan during the same time period you have. I see
> > you have found them in Guadalajara before 1620 or so. I am on a month long
> > vacation across the states but will order the Tlazazalca films when I return
> to
> > Everett Washington in Dec. Like yours, my ancestors left Michoacan and went to
> > Jalisco but later than yours, mine did not leave Michoacan until late 1700's.
> My
> > Alvarez del Castillo lines have connections to some of the same surnames you
> > mention..
> > thank you for sharing them,
> > Linda from BC on her way to Ohio, Georgia and California
>
> ---------------------------------
> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger

Esther I only did the 7 marker test since I wasn't trying to match anyone.. only determine origen.

16111T
16223T
16290T
16319A
16335G
16362C
16525A

I did have 2 match's and I did contact them, both were males who didn't know their maternal genealogy past abt 1850 just like me...
Sorry we didn't match closer...
Linda

eaherold@att.net wrote:
Yes, I am looking for mt-dna matches. I am trying to determine what Indian triber my matrilineal line is.

My numbers are:

HVR1 HaplogroupA
HVR1 differences
from CRS16111T
16136C
16223T
16247G
16257T
16290T
16319A
16344T
16362C
16468C
16519C
HVR2 differences
from CRS64T
73G
146C
153G
235G
263G
309.1C
315.1C
522-
523-

Thanks,
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------

> Esther, do you mean the mitrocondrila (mtdna)? Yes I did and it came back
> Haplogroup A, Native American. Did you want the numbers? I also had my mothers
> brother do the Gutierrez line that I've traced to 1650 in Chilchota Michoacan
> and the dna test came back Hapologroup N.
> Linda now in Ohio
>
> eaherold@att.net wrote:
> ERlinda,
>
> Have you done dna testing on your matrilineal line. I would like to compare my
> md-dna to yours.
> I believe my matrilineal line is Tlaxcalan and am trying to prove it. I already
> have my results. My son took the test some months back.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Esther
> --
> Esther A. Herold
>
>
> -------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------
>
>
> > Jose Humberto
> > I found this file very interesting since I've taken my maternal lines back to
> > Tlazalaca and Chilchota Michoacan during the same time period you have. I see
> > you have found them in Guadalajara before 1620 or so. I am on a month long
> > vacation across the states but will order the Tlazazalca films when I return
> to
> > Everett Washington in Dec. Like yours, my ancestors left Michoacan and went to
> > Jalisco but later than yours, mine did not leave Michoacan until late 1700's.
> My
> > Alvarez del Castillo lines have connections to some of the same surnames you
> > mention..
> > thank you for sharing them,
> > Linda from BC on her way to Ohio, Georgia and California
>
> ---------------------------------
> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Here is my mtDNA results. I've had plenty of matches. Many from New Mexico. One woman there told me her family tradition was that she was of Aztec ancestry, but I have no idea what tribe my mother could have been a part of. I don't think Taruhmara, the major tribe in her area of Chihuahua. She certainly didn't show any Taruhmara influence.

I would like to know as well.

HVR1 Haplogroup B
HVR1 differences
from CRS 16183C
16189C
16217C
16483A
16519C
HVR2 differences
from CRS 73G
263G
309.1C
309.2C
315.1C
499A

---- Erlinda Castanon-Long wrote:
> Esther I only did the 7 marker test since I wasn't trying to match anyone.. only determine origen.
>
> 16111T
> 16223T
> 16290T
> 16319A
> 16335G
> 16362C
> 16525A
>
> I did have 2 match's and I did contact them, both were males who didn't know their maternal genealogy past abt 1850 just like me...
> Sorry we didn't match closer...
> Linda
>
> eaherold@att.net wrote:
> Yes, I am looking for mt-dna matches. I am trying to determine what Indian triber my matrilineal line is.
>
> My numbers are:
>
> HVR1 HaplogroupA
> HVR1 differences
> from CRS16111T
> 16136C
> 16223T
> 16247G
> 16257T
> 16290T
> 16319A
> 16344T
> 16362C
> 16468C
> 16519C
> HVR2 differences
> from CRS64T
> 73G
> 146C
> 153G
> 235G
> 263G
> 309.1C
> 315.1C
> 522-
> 523-
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Esther A. Herold
>
>
> -------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------
>
>
> > Esther, do you mean the mitrocondrila (mtdna)? Yes I did and it came back
> > Haplogroup A, Native American. Did you want the numbers? I also had my mothers
> > brother do the Gutierrez line that I've traced to 1650 in Chilchota Michoacan
> > and the dna test came back Hapologroup N.
> > Linda now in Ohio
> >
> > eaherold@att.net wrote:
> > ERlinda,
> >
> > Have you done dna testing on your matrilineal line. I would like to compare my
> > md-dna to yours.
> > I believe my matrilineal line is Tlaxcalan and am trying to prove it. I already
> > have my results. My son took the test some months back.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Esther
> > --
> > Esther A. Herold
> >
> >
> > -------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------
> >
> >
> > > Jose Humberto
> > > I found this file very interesting since I've taken my maternal lines back to
> > > Tlazalaca and Chilchota Michoacan during the same time period you have. I see
> > > you have found them in Guadalajara before 1620 or so. I am on a month long
> > > vacation across the states but will order the Tlazazalca films when I return
> > to
> > > Everett Washington in Dec. Like yours, my ancestors left Michoacan and went to
> > > Jalisco but later than yours, mine did not leave Michoacan until late 1700's.
> > My
> > > Alvarez del Castillo lines have connections to some of the same surnames you
> > > mention..
> > > thank you for sharing them,
> > > Linda from BC on her way to Ohio, Georgia and California
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.
> > -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> > Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
> >
> > To post, send email to:
> > research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
> >
> > To change your subscription, log on to:
> > http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Nuestros Ranchos Research Mailing List
>
> To post, send email to:
> research(at)NuestrosRanchos.com
>
> To change your subscription, log on to:
> http://www.NuestrosRanchos.com
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

I guess I still don't match anyone.
--
Esther A. Herold

-------------- Original message from : --------------

> Here is my mtDNA results. I've had plenty of matches. Many from New Mexico. One
> woman there told me her family tradition was that she was of Aztec ancestry, but
> I have no idea what tribe my mother could have been a part of. I don't think
> Taruhmara, the major tribe in her area of Chihuahua. She certainly didn't show
> any Taruhmara influence.
>
> I would like to know as well.
>
> HVR1 Haplogroup B
> HVR1 differences
> from CRS 16183C
> 16189C
> 16217C
> 16483A
> 16519C
> HVR2 differences
> from CRS 73G
> 263G
> 309.1C
> 309.2C
> 315.1C
> 499A
>
>
>
> ---- Erlinda Castanon-Long wrote:
> > Esther I only did the 7 marker test since I wasn't trying to match anyone..
> only determine origen.
> >
> > 16111T
> > 16223T
> > 16290T
> > 16319A
> > 16335G
> > 16362C
> > 16525A
> >
> > I did have 2 match's and I did contact them, both were males who didn't know
> their maternal genealogy past abt 1850 just like me...
> > Sorry we didn't match closer...
> > Linda
> >
> > eaherold@att.net wrote:
> > Yes, I am looking for mt-dna matches. I am trying to determine what Indian
> triber my matrilineal line is.
> >
> > My numbers are:
> >
> > HVR1 HaplogroupA
> > HVR1 differences
> > from CRS16111T
> > 16136C
> > 16223T
> > 16247G
> > 16257T
> > 16290T
> > 16319A
> > 16344T
> > 16362C
> > 16468C
> > 16519C
> > HVR2 differences
> > from CRS64T
> > 73G
> > 146C
> > 153G
> > 235G
> > 263G
> > 309.1C
> > 315.1C
> > 522-
> > 523-
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Esther A. Herold
> >
> >
> > -------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------
> >
> >
> > > Esther, do you mean the mitrocondrila (mtdna)? Yes I did and it came back
> > > Haplogroup A, Native American. Did you want the numbers? I also had my
> mothers
> > > brother do the Gutierrez line that I've traced to 1650 in Chilchota
> Michoacan
> > > and the dna test came back Hapologroup N.
> > > Linda now in Ohio
> > >
> > > eaherold@att.net wrote:
> > > ERlinda,
> > >
> > > Have you done dna testing on your matrilineal line. I would like to compare
> my
> > > md-dna to yours.
> > > I believe my matrilineal line is Tlaxcalan and am trying to prove it. I
> already
> > > have my results. My son took the test some months back.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Esther
> > > --
> > > Esther A. Herold
> > >
> > >
> > > -------------- Original message from Erlinda Castanon-Long : --------------
> > >
> > >
> > > > Jose Humberto
> > > > I found this file very interesting since I've taken my maternal lines back
> to
> > > > Tlazalaca and Chilchota Michoacan during the same time period you have. I
> see
> > > > you have found them in Guadalajara before 1620 or so. I am on a month long
> > > > vacation across the states but will order the Tlazazalca films when I
> return
> > > to
> > > > Everett Washington in Dec. Like yours, my ancestors left Michoacan and
> went to
> > > > Jalisco but later than yours, mine did not leave Michoacan until late
> 1700's.
> > > My
> > > > Alvarez del Castillo lines have connections to some of the same surnames
> you
> > > > mention..
> > > > thank you for sharing them,
> > > > Linda from BC on her way to Ohio, Georgia and California
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------
> > > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Navigation

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 3 guests online.

Languages