Navigate Messages: by Date - in Thread
Main Index - Date Index - Thread Index

Censo de Mexico de 1930

Dear Tammy,
     I know what you mean by no cooperation from the mother-in-law.
I had that problem myself but just worked around her.  My father-law
gave me the best information that he could and I used it when I
looked at the official records.
     As for my husband, he has no patience to do the actual work but
he will pay for any field trips that we take.  Last year, amoung
other places, we drove up to Yahualica, Jalisco.  It was a most
beautiful place.  I took some pictures and it was this trip that
convinced us to get a video camera for future trips.
     As for the Godinez name, I understand that it is not common.  I
baptisms in Jamay.  However that is a few hundred years back.
For now, I think the best thing for you and most beginning
researchers is to get what they can from other family members and
papers kept at home and then try to get the 1930 Census for their
area.
    The 1930 Census will help to put the family in units in their
different villages, ranchos, etc.  If your ancestor/ relative was not
born yet, you will find the ones that came before or you could
possible see them as youngsters in their own family.  It has a wealth
of information which makes a good start in knowing what to order in
Microfilms for Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, etc.

     Here is what the Census will contain:

     Nombre y Apellido
     Sexo
     Edad--años o meses
     Estado Civil--Soltero, Casado por lo Civil, Casado por la
       Iglesia, Unida Nbre, Viudo, Divorciado
     Saber O No Leer y Escribir
     Profesion U Ocupación--Quehaceres Domesticos, Jornalero de
       Campo, Medico, Ingenjero, Mayordomo, Carpintero, Criado,
       Costura, etc.
     Lugar de Nacimiento
     Nacionalid
     Idioma
     Defectos Fisicos O Mentales
     Religión

     I will close with a yes for a trip in the future to use the great
Family History Library in Salt Lake.  I have only been there once and
only for a couple of hours.  I was on vacation and was afraid that if
I stayed longer, my husband would not be able to drag me out.  Ha-ha-
ha.  Have a good day all.
                      Patricia Diane Godinez